Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

Story: I ruined his life

"I caused it all"



I have lived with my boyfriend  for 3 years. Please don't judge this because anyone could be in my position. 
I lost my parents  when I was just 16, I was the only child of my parents. My uncles took everything my parents had so I moved in with my mother's younger sister. She was not the best aunty, she treated me with so much hate as well as her family despised me. I was in torture through out my stay at her place.
I lived with my aunt till I graduated from the university. Staying at home without a job became hell for me till I met Frank, my boyfriend. We dated for 8 months before he asked me to move in with him to avoid the torture from my aunt. It was an offer I could not resist because he had told me we would be getting married soon.
I moved into his place and we lived together. What more could I have asked for? Frank's business was booming and flourishing as ever. I loved Frank with all my heart and stood by him always. Two years after I moved into Frank's house, he claimed his business was not going well and said that would delay our marriage. 
I doubted the news about his business because we were living well. He still spent money the way he usually did. I finally got a job that got me pay to make savings when I noticed the change in Frank's behaviour. 
I knew Frank had something up his sleeves. He started keeping late nights and became a total stranger. Little things got him angry, Frank had changed. I was begining to get desperate about getting married because I had just turned 28. I wanted him to propose and to hasten the marriage so I lied to Frank that I was pregnant.
Frank's reaction to the news was horrible. He asked me to terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible telling me business has not been going well with him. He yelled at me asking how could I have allowed such to happen. Thank God the pregnancy was a fake to test him. 
Later that same night, Frank woke me up to tell me the truth that he could not marry me in his life. He asked me to leave his house that he had someone he would be getting to married to very soon and gave me two days to leave.
I confided in a friend and colleague, she asked me to move in with her which I did. I could not bear the heartbreak and I needed to give Frank a payback. My friend decided to help me seek revenge by taking me a to native doctor who told me he would deal with Frank. He requested for Frank's underwear which I was able to provide because I still had Frank's keys with me. 
A week after I had given the native doctor Frank's underwear, I heard Frank was having problems that he sold his car. I left town on official duty for two months and that helped me forget Frank, that was where I met the man that proposed to me. I totally forgot Frank when I returned because I will soon be married and I was happy. 
I finally got married but found out Frank had indeed become useless to the society. He was like a mad man in filty clothes. This was all my fault, I ruined his life. I went to the native doctor who did it to reverse it but could not find him. How can I be happy knowing I ruined the life of the man I once loved? I have known no peace since I found out about Frank...

No comments:

Post a Comment